Airmont Animal Hospital

18 Indian Rock Plaza
Suffern, NY 10901

(845)368-3455

www.airmontanimalhospital.com

Top 5 Most Dangerous Holiday Pet Hazards

                             

 

Keep holiday ornaments out of reach. Glass, metal, ribbons, tinsel and artificial snow are dangerous if ingested.

 

Beware of cold weather hazards. Keep pets away from antifreeze - just one lick is enough to kill. Wipe your pet's paws and tummy after walks to remove salt and chemical residues.

                              

                                

 

Keep table scraps on the table. Fatty foods can cause stomach problems, while bones can cause obstructions or choking.

 

ID your pet. The flow of holiday guests provides an open door for escape. Be sure your pet is microchipped and has current ID tags.

                                  

                                  


Place holiday plants high off the ground. Holly, mistletoe, poinsettia, lilies and Christmas tree water can all be toxic if ingested.

 

Unexpected veterinary expenses can add up to pet debt. Consider pet insurance.